Will I turn orange?
- NO WAY! We have a NO ORANGE GUARANTEE!!!!!!!!
What should I wear to my appointment?
- We suggest that you wear loose dark clothing to your appointment, flip flops or slide on shoes. * For optimal results you do not want clothing or foot wear that will rub against the skin during drying time. NJ law requires that clients must wear a minimum of thongs while being sprayed. All other clothing is optional. We offer disposable bottoms and tops to our clients if needed.
How should I prepare for my tan?
- The night prior to your appointment, be sure to remove all unwanted hair (shave, wax, thread.) In addition, exfoliate with an oil-free body scrub.
- The day of your appointment do not apply any lotion, oil or sunscreen to your skin. Before arriving to your appointment be sure to remove any makeup and/or deodorant. All of these products will act as a barrier between your skin and the sunless tanning solution, and would hinder your Bronzatura experience.
How long should I wait to shower?
- At Bronzatura, we suggest you wait a minimum of 6-8 hours before showering. There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed.
- The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. If you are waiting until the next day to shower, when you wake up, you will be darker than you were the day before – this is only because the bronzer is still on you and the spray tan has fully developed.
- While showering the next few days it is important that you DO NOT exfoliate with loofahs, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads. Be sure to PAT DRY rather than wiping yourself dry.
What things should I avoid?
- No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until your first shower. This will cause you to streak!! Ocean or pool water after your tan is okay. However this may make your tan fade faster.
- DO NOT get waxed after your spray and keep in mind, the more you shave the lighter your tan will become.
How can I extend the duration of my tan?
- Be sure to follow all tips given above and keep skin moisturized. LOTION, LOTION, LOTION!!! For best results we recommend incorporating one of our specialized tan extender products in your daily routine.
What is DHA?
- Sunless tanning involves the use of lotions and sprays that contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA causes a chemical reaction with the amino acids in the dead layer of your skin surface. DHA occurs naturally in sugar beets and has been approved for application to the skin since the 1950s. Many dermatologists recommend self-tanning as a safe alternative to the sun’s harmful rays.
Is Bronzatura’s tanning solution organic?
- Yes all of Bronzatura’s spray solutions are Organic. They are all natural, Aloe Vera Based and Paraben free.
How long will my appointment take?
- Your Appointment should take less than 30 minutes from start to finish including drying time.
How long will my spray tan last?
- With proper after-care our spray tan generally lasts 5-7 days. Using any of our recommended tan extender products will help to ensure the quality of your tan and should increase the longevity of your bronzed skin.
How old do I have to be to get spray tanned?
- In the state of NJ no one under the age of 14 can be sprayed. Anyone between the ages of 14-17 must be accompanied on their initial by a parent and the parent/guardian who will then sign a release waiver for the minor.
Does my spray tan protect me from the sun?
- Bronzatura’s sunless products do not contain any SPF . Therefore, you can tan and possibly burn under your spray tan. We suggest that anytime you are exposed to the sun that you always protect your skin.
Can I spray while I’m pregnant?
- We suggest that pregnant women consult with a doctor prior to scheduling an appointment